Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Primary Purpose

todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

to realize that my progress in recovery doesn't happen at my pace or my sponsor's pace; it seems to happen as my HP wants it to

"Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help others achieve sobriety" -- I have realized 2 changes to this statement ...
1) (from the old days) "My primary purpose was to stay drunk and help others to achieve inebriation"
2) "My primary purpose is to stay sober by helping others achieve sobriety"

fer gettin' stuff done yesterday

for some very nice time spent with a new friend

that we ate at The Black Eyed Pea - it's been years since I ate there

that my cats are generally very well-behaved

that I can keep reminding myself that things that aren't my business, aren't my business

Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.
-Lucille Ball

4 comments:

Scott W said...

'a new friend', please be more specific.

Anonymous said...

uuuuummmmmmm The Blackeyed Pea", I used to love to eat there when I lived in Houston. I still have the recipe for their squash casserole. Too bad my family won't eat squash :(

Lisa

lash505 said...

A new friend, is it living and breathing or made up of a Synthetic material? I think the Astros will win tonight, and I'm a white sox fan!

Grateful said...

What I wouldn't give for some Black Eyed Pea's Chicken Fried Chicken, squash casserole and fried corn on the cob. UMMMMUUMMMMGood!

I'm happy you made a friend but it's not my business. Nor is what others thing of me. Halleuiah!