Friday, October 21, 2005

Courage to Progress

todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for an increasing ability to take things slowly instead of rushing into everything head first

for people and events my HP has inserted into my life at just the right time

to relate to the stories and feelings of so many others

that I'm willing to keep trying my sponsor's suggestions (most of the time); when I do, things get better -- when I don't, things stay the same

for cooler weather on the way

that people may come and go, but cockroaches are here to stay

that a few friends may join me for Saturday Night Baseball

that The Astros had better not take the Chicago White Sox for granted -- they are tough!

that this weekend has been offically declared NO SOX WEEKEND in Houston -- don't wear your sox

I do not understand the mystery of grace--only that it meets us where we are, but does not leave us where it found us.
-Anne LaMott

2 comments:

Scott W said...

Lovwe the quote about grace.

JJ said...

"that this weekend has been offically declared NO SOX WEEKEND in Houston -- don't wear your sox"

Wish I could be there to feel the excitement. Just for the heck of it I won't wear sox this weekend either. Hey maybe that will be my next HNT pic...lol.