Thursday, October 13, 2005

Learning as I go

todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that I've never broken an arm or a leg

that I haven't been stalked in 18 years

that I haven't had a car accident in 8 years

that the only time I've ever been admitted to a hospital was in 1959

that life would not be much fun if I knew the future

that I feel prepared for just about anything that may happen as long as I remain spiritually connected

for those with multiple continuous years in sobriety who lead by example

today is sirreene's birthday; click here to join the party

that the Astros never give up; that's a good thing, a very good thing

for a free gift -- an Astros ticket to Game 5 of the playoffs from a recovering friend

You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.
-James D. Miles

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HP, my husband is a HUGE Cardinals fan. I wandered through the bedroom last night where he was watching the game and realized they were playing the Astros. I couldn't help but think of you. I told him that I was rooting for the Astros, he proceeded to give me a dirty look! Just thought I would share.

Lisa (Scott's brother)

JJ said...

damn,i want to go the game. :(