Friday, September 21, 2007

Brotherly Love ...


is the eighth principle behind the Twelve Steps of Alcoholics Anonymous.

I try my best not to make the steps any more difficult than necessary (for me). At this point, I am simply making a list of persons harmed during my lifetime. Most if not all of these people have already appeared on my 4th step. Additionally, it's time to become ready to make amends to such people. This may take a little more time, but my willingness to practice love for them AND myself is paramount.
Until I can attain this level of willingness, my progress in recovery may well be stifled.


todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that I stopped digging my alcoholic hole just in time

for some insight into how I keep contact with my HP

that we had an interesting meeting about Easy Does It

that I have been pampering myself this week; staying sober and enjoying recovery, a manicure and pedicure, a 2-hour massage, a new and stronger workout program with my trainer

that I have only spent 1 night in a hospital -- when I was 5 years old and had my tonsils removed

There are two kinds of people: those who do the work, and those who take the credit. Try to be in the first group; there is less competition there.
-Indira Gandhi

9 comments:

Scott M. Frey said...

I like the pampering regimen, very nice... just prAAy on those AAmends dAAve... pray for the willingness, He will grant it...

peace man!

Pammie said...

I'm enjoying your "principles" posts. I love the quote at the bottom, and I may put that on my desk today.

Kathrin Ivanovic said...

Good Morning!

Gosh that quite is so dead on!
Thanks!
K.

Scott W said...

Happy Friday!

Mary Christine said...

Sometimes it is hard to stay in the working group... its a lot of work!

Anonymous said...

hey I really like your post. thanks

have a nice Friday

Anonymous said...

thanks for the invite to the meeting this morning. good luck on your eighth step list. see you soon...

Tabitha.Montgomery said...

2 hour massage?
I cannot imagine.

Todd HellsKitchen said...

A two hour massage... The voyage of the SS Minnow on Gilligan's Island was shorter than that!