Monday, September 03, 2007

No Holiday for Gratitude


(click on the pic for a more detailed view)

EXPERIENCE

"That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that history has to teach." -- Aldous Huxley

"Mistakes are painful when they happen, but years later a collection of mistakes is what is called experience." -- Denis Waitley

"The good times we put in our pocket. The hard times we put into our heart." -- Les Brown

todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that I so totally identified with someone who shared this in an AA meeting ...
"I don't do moderation very well."

that I am OK and just keep trudging, albeit as lightly as possible

that I know how to keep-in-check the life-threatening disease that I have

that my desire to lead a drama-free life must be worth something!

that one more dishonest politician is out of power, although he will receive $130,000 retirement income + many other senatorial benefits for the rest of his miserable life

that Scott W is a basketball fan

that The Astros ridiculously poor season will be complete in a month

To live only for some future goal is shallow. It's the sides of the mountain that sustain life, not the top.
-Robert M. Pirsig

7 comments:

Scott W said...

Nah, I just like men's bare legs.

Mary Christine said...

Me too!
Happy Labor Day Daave.

Pammie said...

Hi darlin',
I've been thinking about your post from yesterday. I find it odd that I can not come up with even a single suggestion for you, usually I'm just full of advice, solicited or otherwise. Relationships are so damn complicated sometimes, that I think unless you are one of the "relationship parties" it's just impossible to know what is best. I can say though, that I wish you serenity and happiness in whatever form that takes.

peanut said...

Dear dAAve,

First, thank you for sending your photos to my Blog site. I enjoyed scrolling through them last night.

My favorite, "this is what Sorry Looks Like." What a precious little dog and wonderful expression !

As always, you are a kick in the pants !!!

Happy Labor Day. Love you

Tabitha.Montgomery said...

lol@Scott W :)

Happy Labour Day Dave..keep taking good care because I need your blog.
See..its all about me there..noticed that? ;p LOL
xo

Trudging said...

LOL on the AutoTrader! Funny, funny!

lash505 said...

Halt who goes there.. thanks lol on my motorcycle.