Thursday, September 06, 2007

hAAlf nAAked thursdAAy


With the enactment of a new Houston city ordinance, Lambda Center is now a non-smoking facility.

Sure glad I stopped smoking when I did. It's just one less thing I have to deal with.

Visit a few other friends whose lives have gone up in smoke, some of whom are flamers...
CLICK HERE


todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that, for me, reality comes with responsibility

that all problems have solutions

that many solutions don't happen the way I want or envision

for good ideas from my therapist

for Hayden's support at meetings

for all the comments left here yeterday by Pam, Mary Christine, Scott W, Shannon, las, peanut, lisa, drew's sis, anonymous, syd, johno, kathy lynne and tab

that I may get a break on my health/medical insurance policy now because of stopping smoking

for memories of watching The Flintstone's when I was about 6 years old (1960) and that Walt Disney brought programs to me in living color

To be what we are, and to become what we are capable of becoming, is the only end in life.
-Baruch Spinoza


8 comments:

Chris said...

Hello, you have a wonderful blog, but I can't find your email address, can you please contact me at linkexchange@edenfantasys.com? I have something to discuss with you
Regards, Chris
(Please can you delete this comment after your decision?)

Mary Christine said...

Have a great smoke-free day daave. Glad you had a nice birthday.

Pammie said...

I am hearing you on the "solutions don't happen the way I want or envision". Sometimes I feel like a little kid, waiting to see how God is going to work out a particular need in my life. Sometimes I'm very pleasantly surprised, and sometimes I pout.

Scott W said...

Spinoza always put that spin on things.

peanut said...

Dear dAAve,

I hope you celebrate your AA birthday all week. Such a big deal.

Scott W guessed you were in Nigeria.

love to you.

Syd said...

Glad that your birthday was good. And am grateful for all that you have to say. Thanks Dave.

JJ said...

I am a HUGE GIANT PIECE OF SHIT!!!!
hAAppy AA BirthdAAy to you!
I love you dAAve.
JJ
PS: I AM A HUGE GIANT PIECE OF SHIT FOR NOT REMEMBERING BUT THEN again........I SUCK!

Shannon said...

HI Daave, happy be-lated birthday. That is hard on some folks. Man we had a big contreversy when Pierce County became non smoking, out hall was one of the lasts who allowed smoking, and the group was so divided, smokers vs the non smokers... it was bleeped up
I hope it goes good for you all there
have a great night