Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Hope ...


is the principle behind Step Three of Alcoholics Anonymous.

By the time I got to the rooms of AA, I had lost all hope that life would ever be anything other than dying drunk. I thought it was just meant to be. My fate. You guys told me differently.


todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that we completed the fourth reading of the Big Book (of Alcoholics Anonymous) at yesterday's 6:30am meeting; we read a few pages each Tuesday and it takes about 14 or 15 months to get through the entire book

that I don't have to make any major decisions today -- it can all wait; this is the case just about every day of my life if I so choose

for the lunch bunch after each weekday noon meeting

that tomorrow is hAAlf nAAked thursdAAy - c'mon, get involved. I really enjoy the challenge of coming up with something new each week.

for fellowship with some guys yesterday as we went to the Houston Museum of Natural Science to see this

that the only clubs I go to these days are Lambda Center and Sam's Club

for some tangible progress on the bathroom remodel

Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.
-Dale Carnegie

6 comments:

Pammie said...

I wish you would post some bathroom pics! Like before and after.

Mary Christine said...

Before and after WHAT? eek.
I bet the Ethiopian feature was interesting.

Anonymous said...

i wanted to go to the 6:30 meeting this morning but i got up too late. bummer. i like your post about hope.

Scott W said...

Cool! Angels with afros!

Tabitha.Montgomery said...

Sounding good today ... xo

Recovery Road London said...

I hoped I would die. Never understood how I regained consciousness each morning.