Friday, September 14, 2007

Courage ...

is the principle behind the fourth Step of Alcoholics Anonymous.

When I wrote my 4th step initially, it took some soul-searching to look back over the years and remember a few situations and people whom I had conveniently forgotten.

As I trudge the road of happy destiny, Courage is often required. Learning to live sober requires me to do things I have never done. With a little bit of courage, I get to experience a new life as a sober man.

todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for a newcomer to the 6:30am Eyes Wide Shut meeting yesterday

that I can make some painful admissions to my therapist; he gives me good advice but I often do not have the Courage to carry it out; actually, more often, I just forget LOL

to read Katia's new recovery blog, Seeking the Cranberry.
Drop by and pay her a visit when you have the opportunity.

that I have a personal trainer that keeps me on a workout program even when I am too tired, or don't have the intestinal fortitude to keep on goin'

that there's been a load of comprisin' on the road to my horizon

y'all have a great weekend, please

In pursuit of happiness, the difficulty lies in knowing when you have caught up.
-R.H. Grenville

9 comments:

Pammie said...

Hi Dave, you have been doing the personal trainer and therapy for a good while now! That takes a hell of a lot of "stick-to-itness". I commend you for that darlin'. I hope you don't get all "perfect" inside and out....nah that probably won't happen. :) You ARE doing the deal Mr. Daave.

dAAve said...

Thanks Pam.
I can't justify any reason to stop what I'm doing. There is sooooooooo much room to improve.

Scott W said...

Intestinal fortitude? Try Beano!

Mary Christine said...

Like a Rhinestone Cowboy?
Have a great Friday dAAve.

peanut said...

Happy Friday, dAAve !!

Syd said...

Good for you Dave. I think that keeping fit on the outside helps me keep fit on the inside too.

Recovery Road London said...

Therapy. Gym. 12 Steps...we can rebuild him...dAAve from Houston...the Six Dollar** Bionic Man

[**the price of bionics have fallen on international markets due to Dubya and the credit crunch. Or something]

Have a groovy and sober and not-too-goody-goody weekend. :-D

Anonymous said...

Have a great weekend, dAAve.

lash505 said...

I am glad to see your doing rehab on the leg. Man cats pee a lot..