Friday, September 28, 2007

Service

is the principle behind Step 12 of Alcoholics Anonymous.

The happiest people I know are those who have learned to live beyond their own special interests by discovering the rewards that come from giving of themselves.
Winfield C. Dunn


Recovery-related service comes in an infinite number of forms. If one can do nothing more than show up at a meeting, that is probably some of the greatest service we can give to one another.
After all, if no one came to meetings ...


todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

to spend quality time with friends

that I am as honest with other humans as I can possibly be -- the rewards are certainly worth the effort

that tomorrow is Boston's 2-year sobriety birthday --
drop by and tell her howdy and wish her well!!

that tomorrow is birthday night @ Lambda Center -- we'll get to see Pam again and for the first time, Hayden will be here to join me on my birthday celebration (I'm afraid I will lose it when I speak; oh well, it won't be the first time)

that Hayden returns from Atlanta today and we can spend a few days together before he goes back home

It is a funny thing about life: If you refuse to accept anything but the best you very often get it.
-Somerset Maugham


8 comments:

Scott M. Frey said...

AAgreed, I do feel best when I take time regularly to think of and help others...

Pammie said...

I tell ya darlin' if we could just get a little cool snap in town, the weekend would just be nothing less than perfect. On my 4th sober birthday party, I wore a darling red dress. I can't even get it past my butt anymore. HEY...sobriety made my butt fat...watch out Daave.

Mary Christine said...

oh, what I would give to be there for your birthday night!

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Happy Friday, DAAve!

Scott W said...

Gotta have that triangle stuff in equal parts or one will fall over.

peanut said...

Happy Friday, dAAve !

JJ said...

Love you dAAve.
JJ

Trudging said...

Birthday night sounds fun!