Thursday, September 20, 2007

hAAlf nAAked thursdAAy

FRIENDS


HERE are some of my HNT friends

todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that I don't have a clue what my life will look like a year from now, so I'll just keep trudging the road

for the gratitude lists that I continue to receive from various people in recovery

that some of my old behavior is history and nothing but a memory

that Hayden arrived in Atlanta safely and on time

for multiple reruns of The Twilight Zone on the Sci-Fi channel

the tile man starts work today @ the bathroom remodel


Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.
-Carl Bard

11 comments:

Mary Christine said...

I've been there! Happy HNT Dave.

Pammie said...

Excellent quote! You know what one of the things I like about the old Twilight Zone reruns? The actors are always dressed well. the men are usually in suits or at the least button down shirts, and the women are in dresses with belted waists.

Scott M. Frey said...

it's fun and exciting to know that my life might be somewhat unrecognizable in a year's time... I have been evolving so rapidly since finding the rooms of AA, exciting!

Unknown said...

"that some of my old behavior is history and nothing but a memory"

Thank God for small miracles~

Happy Thursdayness~

G

Kathrin Ivanovic said...

Once again - wonderful quote!! I shall ponder it today.

Question for you - when you first sought a sponsor...what were your goals? What did you hope to get out if this new relationship?

Its something I have been thinking about and answers seem hard to come by...

Thanks for your thoughts!
K.

Scott W said...

Oh, Dave, you always say that!

Syd said...

I like the quote. It ultimately is the outcome that will matter but the journey to get there is so important. I don't want to miss a minute of that.

peanut said...

Happy HNT dAAve.

Recovery Road London said...

I love the Twilight Zone. Don't hog the snacks.

Say Hi to H for me.

Todd HellsKitchen said...

I love SciFi channel!

Tabitha.Montgomery said...

"tile" man huh ?

You have to come by my blog to read my latest post.Seriously.
It is almost disturbing to me!