Sunday, August 14, 2005

Ooops,. got tagged (again)

Phil got tagged, now he's tagged me.

10 Years Ago Today:
I was living back in Houston and had been semi-retired for 2 years. Spent most of my days and nights drinking at Griff's Inn. I also umpired amateur and semi-pro baseball games, then went to Griff's Inn afterward. Occasionally did yard work at my mother's house.

Five Years Ago:
I was working in Newfoundland (NE Canada). Spent 4 months there getting to know the people. I worked hard, but played hard too. St John's is famous for having more bars per capita than any city in North America. I felt right at home.

1 Year Ago:
Three weeks shy of my first AA birthday. Atending 14-17 AA meetings every week. Reluctantly looking for employment. Was feeling pretty much happy, joyous and free after working the 12 steps and recently putting closure to my former relationship. Learning to enjoy a new way of life.

Yesterday:
Attended my 2 AA meetings at 8:30am and 8:00pm. In between, spent a few hours with my mother on business issues and a little yard work. Of course, spent my obligatory 2 or 3 hours on the computer, as well.

Tomorrow:
Will attend 2 AA meetings, as usual. I get to take my mother to a doctor appointment in the morning. My Higher Power fills in the rest of my hours for me, if I so choose to allow Him/Her.

5 Snacks I Enjoy:
1. Cheetohs
2. Fritos
3. Chocolate Chip Cookies
4. Cinammon Rolls
5. Cream Soda

5 Bands That I Know the Lyrics to Most of Their Songs:
1. Beach Boys
2. The Beatles
3. The Eagles
4.
5.

5 Things I Would Do with $100,000,000:
1. create Foundation for people in recovery from alcohol
2. donate $$$$ to those left homeless from fire
3. invest in a down-home restaurant
4. design and build my dream home
5. set-up my 2 nephews in business

5 Locations I Would Like to Run Away to:
Like Phil, I am quite happy where I am. Why change it?
I've been just about everywhere I want go already.

5 Bad Habits I Have:
1. smoking
2. taking others' inventory
3. smoking
4. drinking too much coffee
5. smoking

5 Things I Like Doing:
1. going to AA meetings
2. helping my mother
3. service & charity work
4. spending time on my computer
5. trying to work AA's 12-steps

5 Things I Would Never Wear:
1. tattoo
2. a piercing
3. a hairpiece
4. high heels
5. previously driven condom

5 TV Shows I Like(d):
1. Dick van Dyke Show
2. Andy Griffith Show
3. Seinfeld
4. Everybody Loves Raymond
5. All in the Family

5 Movies I Like:
1. Blues Brothers
2. Star Trek - The Motion Picture
3. It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World
4. Cat Ballou
5. The Gardener

5 Famous People I Would Like to Meet:
1. Abraham Lincoln
2. Nelson Mandella
3. Bob Hope
4. Roberto Clemente
5. Sir Richard Branson

5 Biggest Joys at the Moment:
1. being sober
2. my mother
3. my home and its environment
4. my friends in AA, old and new
5. that I am still alive

5 Favorite Toys:
1. computer
2. digital camera
3. Rav4
4. TV
5. my 3 cats?

5 People to Tag:
soberInsanity (new in recovery, wise beyond her years)
Kenny (cause he hates these things)
JJ (small payback for a nice gift)
R.J. (just to get his mind off his troubles)
Grace (to get her to blog more)

6 comments:

One Drunk to Another said...

Dave, what's your sobriety date? Three weeks shy? We must have a date very close to one another. Mine's Sept. 1. And I love cream soda too!

dAAve said...

odta --- sobriety date is sept 5, 2003 (it's on my profile)

Scott W said...

Previously driven condom? oh, lordee!!!!!

Phil said...

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World

A full-employment policy for Hollywood comedians. :)

What a great choice! I remember seeing it at the drive-in as a very small boy.

JJ said...

Gee thanks. I'm taking back your gift.
Peace,
JJ

Nick Moretti said...

Hmmm... I just noticed I got tagged. I'll post mine tomorrow. Thanks. (I hate these things.)
;-)