Monday, October 13, 2008

another new beginning





todAAy i AAM grAAteful & thAAnkful

that I was able to fill the time slot when I spoke to a group of recovering alcoholics Friday night and maybe someone heard something that could help them "get" the program

for a peaceful and serene weekend

that Pam reminded me of my fear of horses AND dogs -- I have been bitten many times during my lifetime by dogs; they automatically sense my discomfort

Were there no God, we would be in this glorious world with grateful hearts, and no one to thank.
-Christina Rossetti

9 comments:

Pammie said...

I think I am on the cusp of "I don't give a shitdom".
I've been bitten twice...both chihuahuas.

Scott W said...

Bunny ♥s you!

Mary Christine said...

I was attacked by guard dogs as a child, and try as I might, I have never really gotten over it.

J-Online said...

Hey Dave. Thank you again.

steveroni said...

Were there no God, our wonderful Big Book would be smaller...there would have been no need for the Chapter to the Agnostics!

And DOGS. Me, too! My whole family knows this. We all get out of a car, and these Huge animals come a running out, lick the children, come to be petted by my wife, owner says, "These dogs are 'family' dogs!" Yeah, right! Then they BOTH lunge for my throat, in a flying leap, and I needed stitches, and the bites were VERY painful as I remember. Long time ago, ever since, I've been scared of the critters.

So yesterday I put some dog pictures up on my blog--but I was verrry careful!

Zanejabbers said...

Mamie loves you too.

Bill said...

Those chi-hula-hula dogs are mean as snakes.

Anonymous said...

jack loves you, too. but i'll keep him away from you so he can love you at a distance!

Anonymous said...

i found a real life maxine, she's a democrat congresswoman in california. she was on bill maher last friday.