Wednesday, October 22, 2008

What a Drag!



The emcee at the Drag Auction last weekend at Lambda Center. The fundraiser brought in almost $6K.
More pictures on Thursday and Friday.



todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that I do my best to remain teachable although I often feel much internal resistance

for the consequences of sobriety

that I remember the first 24 hours of my sobriety in 2003 and the feeling of amazement that I actually didn't need a drink

for this quote from The Big Book ...
Selfishness -- self-centeredness! That, we think, is the root of our troubles. Driven by a hundred forms of fear, self-delusion, self-seeking, and self-pity, we step on the toes of our fellows and they retaliate. Sometimes they hurt us, seemingly without provocation, but we invariably find that at some time in the past we have made decisions based on self which later placed us in a position to be hurt.
Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th edition, page 62


Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier.
-Colin Powell


4 comments:

Mary Christine said...

A force multiplier?

Scott W said...

What constantly amazes me? The way Bill Wilson, in few words, captures the alcoholic's thinking.

Zanejabbers said...

Oh Yes, I know about sore toes. Mine and someone else. But I do try to make amends. As usual, a good read.

Bill said...

Good Heavens!
When I glanced at that Colin Powell quotation, I thought it said:
Perpetual orgasm is a force multiplier.