Friday, October 10, 2008

We



This is the painting I won in a silent auction whilst in Palm Springs at the Hot 'n Dry A.A. Roundup a few weeks ago.
It's 48" X 60" and the artist had to remove it from the frame so it could be shipped in a tube.
Scott W (Attitude of Gratitude) re-framed it for me.



todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for the friendship of Melody J., a good friend of many recovering alcoholics and addicts at Lambda Center and other recovery venues for many, many years. She passed away this morning after a series of illnesses. Melody was my backup singer only 2 months ago in a fundraiser.

for Tradition 1 of Alcoholics Anonymous which states ... "Our common welfare should come first; personal recovery depends upon A.A. unity."

for the simple things in a life of recovery -- can you name a few?

that I'm telling a little bit of my AA story tonight at a treatment center/halfway house

for a very strange thing that happened yesterday.
Billy, an old friend (we were boyfriends 30+ years ago and have remained in touch) called from his home in Florida. He said that he called me because my mother had spoken to him very clearly in a dream the previous night. She told him to let me know that she is doing fine and is very happy. She told him to tell me that she loves me very much. Billy knew my Mom had a stroke 3 years ago and had been unable to speak since then.
What he didn't know is that she died 2 months ago. In fact, it was exactly 2 months ago.

Zane (Zanejabbers) asked me to let y'all know that he's having computer problems and will return to posting ASAP. Sure. Whatever, Zane.


'I have wondered at times about what the Ten Commandments would have looked like if Moses had run them through the U.S. Congress.'
- Ronald Reagan

10 comments:

Pammie said...

When a Mother has something to say - she will find a way to say it. What a surprise blessing for you.

Scott W said...

Wow. Have Billy tell Pat hi from all of us! What a great message!

Psst. I didn't reframe that painting, I just restretched it. And where did you get that blue wall?

Mary Christine said...

Wow. That gave me goose bumps. I have had a few messages like that from my mom. It amazes me.

Syd said...

The story of Billy and your mom in a dream reminds me of dreams that I've had about parents and death. Amazing stuff...

My adventures said...

I totally believe in that stuff, but I think that has something to do with growing up around voodoo and such.

Recovery Road London said...

Do you have a shed or cellar for that, erm, art?

:-D

lol

Not God said...

Very weird indeed.

My Mom died one year and two days ago. I still miss her dearly.

steveroni said...

Death is when life begins...someone said that, maybe it was me. maybe not.

Ten Commandments+congress: Well, for one thing, we'd not yet HAVE ten commandments, they would still be in committee.

Scott W said...

BTW Piglet paid a little tribute to you.

Bill said...

Dave, I had a nearly identical message delivered to me after my partner died.
He appeared in a friend's husband's dream, and told him to tell us that he was doing well. If the dream had been mine, I might have dismissed it as my mind's attempt to comfort me. I had prayed for a sign that he was finally out of pain, and a couple of days later my friend told me about her husband's dream.
Others may scoff, but I do believe in the truth of these messages, and I am glad your mother sent one to you. ♥