Thursday, October 02, 2008

ongoing sobriety




post-Hurricane Ike beach houses in Galveston (in this picture, there's about 7 or 8 missing homes)


todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that Boston is leading the 6:30am meeting today

that I have been asked (and of course I accepted) to tell my AA story at a treatment center next week (I've never even been there before)

for some awareness of my false perceptions (occasionally)

Why not go out on a limb? That's where the fruit is.
-Will Rogers


8 comments:

Pammie said...

Oh you know I'm a treatment center junkie, maybe I'll see ya!
Isn't it beautifully cool this morning??

Scott W said...

You have false perceptions?
*gasp*

Mary Christine said...

Have a wonderful Daaay.

J-Online said...

I have never been to a meeting at a treatment center but want to go and experience one. Pam sent me some dates and times of one nearby. I think I'll try it out.

Syd said...

I saw some photos of Galveston yesterday. It's hard to believe the damage that was done.

Glad that you were asked to tell your story.

Akannie said...

Hey dAAve...(dAAve's not here, man)
*erk-Bet you hear that all the time.

My husbands uncle has one of those houses, not sure which, but it is still standing (or sogging). yikes.

My other favorite Will Rogers quote "Never let yesterday use up too much of today."

Thanks for sharing. If I lived in TX I'd come hear you....
BTW--did any of you Texans know my late friend Sally G ???? She died last May of this nasty disease.

Tabitha.Montgomery said...

False perceptions piss me off.
But make me think twice for next time.

I hope you have great experience sharing your story at the treatment center Dave :)

xo

Zanejabbers said...

I've been out on a limb many times.
Congrats on speaking at a treatment center.