Thursday, October 09, 2008

a very tall roller coaster





todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that my sobriety is not dependent upon my happiness

for the 3 years I spent grooming a strong foundation in recovery

that life is as good (or as bad) as I want it to be ...
well, I heard someone say this, but I'm still having a difficult time embracing it to be the entire truth; any comments?

for the concept of letting go, just letting all other people live their own life and not trying to interfere (too much)

The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it.
-Gen. Norman Schwarzkoff

7 comments:

Mary Christine said...

It's all in the way we look at it.

Scott W said...

3 years? You have always looked perfectly groomed to me.

Syd said...

I think the comment about life means that if I think the glass is half empty then it will be, but if I think with optimism and hope then I am much better off.

Akannie said...

Like any place we build to live, the foundation's gotta be good and strong.

..."that my sobriety is not dependent on my happiness." I need to remember that!

Kathy Lynne said...

I think that what I am learning is that when God is in my life...then even the things that appear bad are good..if that makes sense. Economic crisis...whatever, in the long run and I mean long run it'll be okay.

Why does it say I'm from Topsfield, MA on your neocounter. I'm not though its close.

steveroni said...

dAAve, Howdy! "that life is as good (or as bad) as I want it to be ..."

I agree totally! If I want "chaos" it is only a phone call, or a plane ride, or a short walk from where I am sitting right now. It's mine for the taking. (And I have to fight it periodically, because I am HUMAN.

If I want the good life, it is right here in the continual--and constant- practice of our Twelve Steps. No matter WHAT happens, even pain or need, or slavery, to me it is in my attitude, and how I deal with it.

Mary C said it in 9 words and look at MY dissertation. Oh, Well!

peanut said...

I think that my Perception can be as good or bad as I want it to be. Life comes - it isn't always good or always bad. But, I can't think or act it into being good when it's bad.
And, I don't think that God sends good or bad into our lives. I think He walks through it all with us, but - life just happens.
As the saying goe, "take the good with the bad."