Sunday, October 12, 2008

Why retire?

Working people frequently ask retired people what they do to make their days interesting.

Well, for example, the other day my wife and I went into town and went into a shop. We were only in there for about 5 minutes. When we came out, there was a traffic warden writing out a parking ticket. We went up to him and said, 'Come on man, how about giving a pensioner a break?'
He ignored us and continued writing the ticket. I called him a Nazi. He glared at me and started writing another ticket for having worn tires. So my wife called him a shithead. He finished the second ticket and put it on the windscreen with the first. Then he started writing a third ticket. This went on for about 20 minutes. The more we abused him, the more tickets he wrote.

Personally, we didn't care, as we came into town on the bus. We always try to have a little fun each day now that we're retired. It's important at our age!!!!!!!!!!!!!

note: This is a fictitious story as far as I am concerned. Someone emailed it to me.

7 comments:

Scott W said...

A joke? You had me believing you married a real woman.

Mary Christine said...

You mean that you and your wife didn't take the bus to go shopping?

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Thanks for the last line... Cuz I was getting confused with the "my wife" part!

Zanejabbers said...

I sounds just like something you would do. But I just can't see Hayden letting you call him
"The Wife."

johno said...

very funny!!

Akannie said...

ROTFLMAO...

Not about your post, even...about the comments!!!

Damn, life is good.

steveroni said...

It may be a ficticious story...but I'm retired! Gave me something to consider! FUN.