Monday, October 06, 2008

Still a mess


the main bridge onto Galveston Island, after Hurricane Ike



todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that I continue to be an alcoholic who doesn't drink and a nicotine addict who doesn't smoke

that my life has a chance to return to some normality, beginning today (although in some ways, I'm still a mess)

that we had a very successful (apparently) housewarming party on Saturday. The caterer was wonderful, relieving H & I of any and all food responsibilities. We had about 100 in attendance throughout the course of the evening. The last guests left about 1am. I'll post some pictures as soon as I get them from the photographer.

that O.J. Simpson was found guilty last Friday, although I don't know enough of the details to make that judgement myself; my feeling is that there's some justice (karma) going on here

Old age is like everything else. To make a success of it, you've got to start young.
-Fred Astaire

9 comments:

Pammie said...

A sick part of me can't wait to get to the island and beachcomb.
I like little fancy schmancy party food.
Thanks for a lovely evening.

Anonymous said...

Glad your housewarming was a resounding success. And you said you didn't have any friends! Look forward to seeing the pictures.

Syd said...

It's hard to believe that the Galveston I know is such a mess.

And it sounds like a great party. It's nice to not have to deal with the food, etc. and just enjoy the people.

Scott W said...

I hate it when I don't have any control of pictures of me, meaning I can't touch them up in Photoshop.

Mary Christine said...

You had a photographer at your party?

Anonymous said...

sorry i couldn't make. glad it was a good. l-alligator.

Akannie said...

Glad the party went without a hitch. I loved the Fred Astaire quote too....personally I started everything very young! lol

Princess Powerless said...

Hiya dAAve! Yay for you on your recovery in many arenas!

Your photo... wow. It reminded me of a great fantasy novel called "Galveston." If you like freaky deaky books, check it out. It's by Sean Stewart.

Hugs, you higher-powered dude, you!

PP

Tabitha.Montgomery said...

Great to read your housewarming was a success..now you don't to deal with having that much company over again for awhile..lol

xo