Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Aiming @ Gratitude

todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for a very nice day off from the hospital

that I know that I must take care of myself; physically, emotionally and spiritually before I can be of help to my Mom (or anyone else for that matter)

for a really good Step 3 meeting yesterday, reminding me once again that my life was saved when I made a decision to practice Step 3 regarding my drinking

that I accept my personality as it is but I don't have to accept my behaviour

that when I am spiritually fit, I create very little drama in my life and other lives

for the dirty, used items in my AA tool box

for all of my bosses who put up with my shit for 2 decades

for kitty cat Christmas gifts from my neighbors

Aim at Heaven and you will get Earth thrown in.
Aim at Earth and you get neither.
-C.S. Lewis

6 comments:

Trudging said...

I am glad that you got your day off. I also love the CS Lewis statement. I saw The Lion, the witch and the Wardrobed on Friday with Chuck and Sam. I really enjoyed it although I usually hate fantasy stuff.

Shannon said...

I too agree we all need time to ourselves, and so glad to hear that you are taking that...

thanks for your post have a great day

Gooey Munster said...

I love your pics of your cats and noticed that you smile many times in your own pics -- very cool. Thanks 4 sharing ur gratitude thoughts 2day. This is a word that did not exist in my vocab for 99% of my life.

Happy Hum Day!

lash505 said...

Day off?? you deserve it I am sure.

JJ said...

I see you
JJ

Anonymous said...

What are kitty cat christmas gifts? Catnip?