Friday, December 09, 2005

Visions

todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that I took a "day off" from visiting Mom in the hospital; a day for me

that I got a lot of little things accomplished yesterday

to help celebrate the 4th AA birthday of a friend at 6:30am today

that the best way to start the day is by waking up, then talking to my HP

that I am as unpolitically correct as I can get away with

that, while my drinking obsession has been removed, all my other character defects must be attended to -- one day at a time, sometimes, one minute at a time

for the fellowship and food at lunch yesterday with 9 others from Lambda at Kelly's Country Cooking; a 20-minute drive across the city but worth it (to me)

that my cats seem to LOVE their new scratching post (see below)

for all of my blog friends

that my name is not Betty Smith

Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time. Then your time on earth will be filled with glory.
-Betty Smith

3 comments:

Trudging said...

Naked man in a Santa hat sounds like my memory of the 1980's

Shannon said...

I too am grateful for you too!!!

I am glad to hear too that you took a day for yourself! Everyone needs that...

Also thought I would tell you Phil is back go say hi.

I hope you had a great Friday

Ps NO more cookies or m&ms in my house... thanks... :)

Anonymous said...

days off are good things. good for you.