Tuesday, December 20, 2005

being Open to Change

todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that my Mom was able to write some Christmas cards yesterday

that, for this alcoholic, Step 7 is a daily part of my life

that I've given up all hope of having a better past

for consistency - in most everything I like to do

for my bestest friend Liz K. in the UK. She has stood by me through some difficult times and has always had the kind words to comfort me over the past 16 years.

that I have had 6 sponsee's in my AA life. Today marks the One-Year Birthday of my only current sponsee. He's the first sponsee I have worked with to reach that milestone. We're gonna celebrate with a nice lunch. Sober.

that my home heating has been fixed and it's nice and lukewarm in here again

If you are going through hell...keep going.
-Winston Churchill

6 comments:

JJ said...

that I've given up all hope of having a better past

dAAve to me it sounds like you had a pretty interesting past - visiting wonderful far off places - ump'ing - etc.... and of course all that silly crazy shit we did when we were drinking and drugging.

The past is the past.

Live for today.

I love you!
I am glad you are part of my life!
I SEE YOU!
JJ

Todd HellsKitchen said...

I refuse to believe that you have any shortcomings...

But, ok, if you say so!

Hey, I've enjoyed reading you this year and all of our commenting banter...

Happy Holidays!

Cheers,

Mr. H.K.
Postcards from Hell's
Kitchen

And I Quote Blog

joey said...

Great news about your Mom! And the heat!

lash505 said...

Nice! You seem like a good sponsor to have.

Mary Christine said...

Happy Birthday to your sponsee! He has good taste in sponsors.

Shannon said...

right on daave... what did you guys have for lunch?