Wednesday, December 07, 2005

A Spoonful of Sugar

todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that I get to spend time with Mom during her recovery - yeterday, she was doing physical therapy most of the time I was there and it was good to see her in action

to see a young mother of 2, with only 3 months of sobriety, get in front of a crowd of recovering friends and lead an AA meeting

that there are so many sweet people in my life

that all of my relationships today must hinge on my relationship with my HP

for the opportunity to make my old behaviours my old behaviours

that I checked out the new line of cell phones - I may purchase one later today

that today is Pearl Harbor Day - it was 64 years ago that the world changed, once again

We can't take any credit for our talents. It's how we use them that counts.
-Madeleine L'Engle

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

for the opportunity to make my old behaviours my old behaviours -- I'm grateful for this, too

BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

It is good you can spend time with your mother today, sober.

And thank you for reminding me, that although my daughter is sick, I can be there for her today, and show up and visit her in the hospital today, and truly be there for her.

David D said...

Isn't it great that we can see the REAL gifts today?

GodlessMom said...

I'm glad to hear that your mother's progress continues.

I can't imagine having to deal with an addiction and 2 children. It must be very difficult. Good for her!

GodlessMom said...

I just realized that my previous comment made it seem like I was talking about the same woman in both sentences. I meant, I'm glad for the good news about your mom and I'm happy for and impressed by the young woman who is recovering.

Shannon said...

YAY soo glad to hear your mom keeps getting better and better!!!!

Merry Christmas... enjoy the season...

Anonymous said...

Am I one of those sweet friends?