Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Hot Christmas

The forecast for this weekend in Houston has the temperatures ranging from 50-68F. You may know that I travelled a lot in my former life. For years, I lived out of a suitcase.

I was recently reminded about some of the places I've experienced the Christmas holiday.

1988 -- Trinidad & Tobago -- 2 small islands in the southeastern Caribbean, average temperature in December runs 70F-85F, much rain

1989 -- Malta -- a small island in the Mediterranean, average temperature in December 65F-75F, no rain

1990 -- Las Palmas de Gran Canaria -- a small island off the coast of northwest Africa, average temperature in December 72F-90F, no rain

1991 -- Dakar, Senegal -- a country in western Africa bordering the southern Sahara Desert -- average temperature in December 75F-90F, no rain

1992 -- Walvis Bay, Namibia -- a country in southwest Africa -- average temperature in December 75F-82F, no rain

I definitely noticed a trend towards warm Christmas days. And then,

1993 -- Amsterdam, The Netherlands -- a country in northern Europe, average temperature in December 28F-40F, some rain, snow

..... WHAT HAPPENED?

7 comments:

Trudging said...

What you need is a New England Christmas! (-:

JJ said...

I'm with Trudge. You need a good old fashion New England Christams where the weather people say it's going to be a great day then it snows about a 12 inches and well.....It's New England just wait a minute and the weather will change.
Thank you dAAve for all your kind words.
I see you,
JJ

Mary Christine said...

I really like a Colorado Christmas, but if you are partial to those palm trees swaying in the breeze, you might be dissatisfied.

Unknown said...

I see a trend towards legal pot. ;)

Anonymous said...

Dang, you've been around the block!

Scott W said...

Kenny, he has been around the block. The question is: Does it show?

Hannen said...

No it doesn't show.