Wednesday, December 14, 2005

... more homophobic fear

Stephen Bennett of STRAIGHT TALK RADIO knows more than you or I. If you don't believe me, ask him! Click on the link above to read his review of Brokeback Mountain. I know this -- I have been watching straight movies for all of my 50+ years and it hasn't influenced me to be straight yet.

I'm left to think that the reason so many "straight" people are afraid of homosexuals is simply because they're afraid it will rub off (pun intended).

Truth is ...... we don't want him!!

All kidding aside, the point is lost when I or anyone else speaks about someone "turning" straight or gay. It isn't a choice. We are born that way. Mr Bennett says he is a former homosexual. I would hazard to guess that he is a current bullshitter just trying to make a few $$$$ of other homophobes.

11 comments:

BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Excellent point!

These types of uninformed comments have been made for years now, and usually, they are accompanied by some type of religious conversion or revelation. I agree with you completely.

I cannot wait to see that movie by the way.

Scott W said...

Anyone who says or thinks they know more than I--I say more power to them. The world is full of cheap, ignorant egos.

Anonymous said...

GAY IS NOT A CHOICE, FABULOUS IS!!!! HEY DAVE...DBV

Recovery Road London said...

Rub off. Lol.

Unknown said...

Some are sicker than others. Maybe he needs some program?

Mary Christine said...

As a woman formerly married to a gay man, I would say that their attitudes are the ones that cause the real heartbreak. They encourage people to live dishonest lives that make no sense and break hearts all around them.

Mary Christine said...

Hey - I just re-read my comment... clarification: the types who wrote the article that HP referred to... they are the ones who encourage dishonesty.

Anonymous said...

It is definitely not a choice. If it were, why would I want to lead such a difficult life? Anyways.... I read the review and that guy is just retarded.

Sam said...

I listen to FM talk radio (gotta know what the right wingnuts are saying) and they keep calling it Bareback Mountain. That'd be funny amongst my gay friends, but for the wingnuts to say it is disparaging. Asshats.

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Now I see the post you were alluding to!

jonjon said...

Wow. What a painful psyche this Bennett guy must have. Not only does he tell lies, but he seems to not even be aware of it. The ignorance and cruelty of fundamentalist Christians doesn't come out of nowhere; they've had a lifetime more of fiercer cruelty from their own kind than they will ever be able to inflict on others...