Thursday, December 08, 2005

The Freedom of Choice

todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for a pleasant hour and a half with Mom yesterday; she had just finished putting on her makeup when I arrived, the first time in the 6 weeks since her strokes!

for the 5 or 6 people who went out of their way to continue telling me to Keep Coming Back after I first arrived at the rooms of AA

that I did

that I no longer have to worry about smelling like alcohol, wherever I go, especially in the mornings

that acceptance keeps me sober; my choices provide recovery

that I live in a place that rarely sees snow and ice

that I finally got a cell phone; it's been 3 years since I had one

Understand that the right to choose your own path is a sacred privilege. Use it. Dwell in possiblity.
-Oprah Winfrey

5 comments:

GodlessMom said...

You're the proud papa of a bouncing baby cell phone? Congratulations!!

Shannon said...

I bet your mom looked beautiful too... right on... and hey welcome to 2005! even my kids have cell phones... sad I think... wow...

have a greadt day Daave!
Oh btw you make a cute elf!

Anonymous said...

Congragulations on your cell phone!!!!!! What's the number?

Anonymous said...

Now that you have a cell phone you can't hide anymore

Anonymous said...

i'm glad i don't have to worry about smelling like marijuana wherever i go.