Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Angels

todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for Mom's lifted spirits after her road trip on Christmas Day

for the Step 8 meeting yesterday -- I realized that most of my amends must be "living amends" for a variety of reasons. As such, to become willing to make those amends has required me to change almost all of my previous behaviors.

that my thinker continues to improve

that I have no financial debt, but I owe many people for showing me the way; people I call my Angels

for the stories in The Big Book - today we read "Physician, Heal Thyself" on page 301 (4th edition)

that I never get caught up in the shopping crowds - before OR after Christmas

for this very strange weather we're having this week in Houston - the low temperature this morning was 62F and the high temperature today will hit 80F

When you come to the end of all the light you know, and it’s time to step into the darkness of the unknown, faith is knowing that one of two things shall happen: Either you will be given something solid to stand on or you will be taught to fly.
-Edward Teller

4 comments:

JJ said...

that I never get caught up in the shopping crowds - before OR after Christmas

The day after Thanksgiving - the day before and after Christmas are not even a thought in my mind. Though today I am going out shopping.
I'm glad Mom is doing well.
I see you,
JJ

Shannon said...

I am soo happy to hear your moms improvment everyday!

and that is a good story...

One of my fav is in the 3rd edition

"join the tribe" just reminds me of my good friend Ron R who moved back home to Maine in April 1997 but I will forever remain grateful to he and his wife... for they were my Angels!

Great Post

Scott W said...

I love that quote on faith and trust. It's perfect.

Mary Christine said...

Thanks for the quote. I love to hear that your mom is doing better.