Thursday, December 15, 2005

Filled with Gratitude

todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

to spend more time with Mom. I watched her get exhausted doing her physical therapy.

that she then wrote to me, "No pain. No gain."

to hear the story of a friend in recovery; his struggles to get 15 consecutive months sobriety since first trying in 2001

that I grew up with a "normal" family; so often, I hear stories about VERY dysfunctional families behind the alcoholic upbringing

to have a new name for Sonny of Lambda Center - the Coffee Lady

that I somehow lived through several potentially deadly situations that I put myself in when I lived in Africa

for absolutely crazy dreams I have when I go to sleep, nearly every night AND that I can remember them usually

that I'm going to see Brokeback Mountain with 3 other drunks and none of us will be drinking

The greatest good you can do for another is not just share your riches, but to reveal to him his own.
-Benjamin Disraeli

No comments: