Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Liz the Creative

Monday I told you about my friend Liz in the UK. When she lost her longtime job and career about 3 years ago, she didn't know what to do. I guess the UK is like the USA when it comes to employment -- if you're over 45 or 50, you are pretty much out of the job market. The 20-something's who do the hiring don't want to talk to you. Experience and marketability go out the window.
What to do? Create your own job, of course. So Liz got to work making birthday cards and special occasion cards. She coerced a few small retail outlets to allow her to market her cards. And life goes on. It keeps her busy and she can pay the mortgage.




Now, apparently, she has graduated to tapestries. I received these two for Christmas; one for my Mom and one for me.



Hats off to you, Liz.
You're a better woman than me.

No comments: