Monday, December 12, 2005

Gratitude Avenue

todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that I am taking my Mom to a necessary dentist appointment this morning; she can handle it, I hope

that I have received 827 daily gifts since the day I stopped drinking; one day at a time

for my health and yours

that I now accept that I'm not now nor have I ever been a very "social" person

that "pause when agitated" really works whenever I use it

that I can quietly leave a situation where I am not comfortable instead of creating additional drama

that I have a couple of recovering friends I can talk to when it's necessary

that people who think they have it all, actually have much less than they believe -- yet they may never know or appreciate that

that I don't have to be verbal about my judgements or opinions -- even on here, I do not include names, but I can use this media to "vent"

that my Christmas shopping is done!

WHEN THINGS ARE GOING GREAT, SOBRIETY IS GOOD.
WHEN THINGS ARE GOING BAD, SOBRIETY IS BETTER.

*** if you have time, please visit Dan today by clicking here

6 comments:

Mary Christine said...

Thanks for sending me over to Dan. What a wonderful illustration of what AA gives us. By living this program, not only do we save ourselves, but we restore wholeness to our families.

Shannon said...

Hi Daave! ME too have all my Christmas Shopping done... well excpet for my father in law and my best friends daughter. but before Saturday we didnt even start

Also will pray that your mom appointment goes well!

Trudging said...

I am not very social either. It is really hard to be social passed out on the floor. Glad to hear that things are progessing with your mom

Shannon said...

I think you are more social that you think you are....

Anonymous said...

it's great to see how rewarding it can be to stay sober. i see that in your blog. i hope that i can be there for my parents like you are for your mom.

lash505 said...

Yeah sure it is. Christmas eve you will be at the mall...