Friday, December 16, 2005

Promises of Gratitude

todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for Houston weather - yesterday was just about perfect - 42F - 60F and no clouds

for the frame of mind I have experienced lately - very serene, peaceful, laid back and even tolerant at times LOL

for the Serenity to accept my Mom's condition

for the Courage to change my attitude

for the Wisdom to "pass" when asked to share at a meeting yesterday - I had nothing to say

that the Twelve Promises of A.A. are real, not fictitious AND they are the result of living the Steps, not the goal

that each of my lists this week have GRATITUDE in the title

that it rarely snows here

for the promise of a busy schedule today and tomorrow, almost all recovery related

Do not ask the Lord to guide your footsteps, if you are not willing to move your feet.
-Anonymous

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like that quote

Gooey Munster said...

"for the Wisdom to "pass" when asked to share at a meeting yesterday - I had nothing to say"

Some day I hope to discover this. I like to talk, and talk, and talk even when no one is listening :)

hAppy fridAy!

Phil said...

"that the Twelve Promises of A.A. are real, not fictitious AND they are the result of living the Steps, not the goal"

Well said!

JJ said...

for the frame of mind I have experienced lately - very serene, peaceful, laid back and even tolerant at times LOL

You are a very lucky guy. I hope I can get there one day. :)
I see you,
JJ

Trudging said...

The promises are very real!!

GodlessMom said...

The weather was magnificent today but really miss snow this time of year.

I wish I had the wisdom to keep my mouth shut sometimes...Sigh.

lash505 said...

What is snow? Everything looks in balance my man.

Daily Piglet said...

I really like that quote. One of my first sponsors told that if I've asked God for help, trust he's handlin' it and back off :)