Monday, December 19, 2005

We & Me

todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for the strength, hope and general great attitude of my Mom during this difficult time of her life

for some good recovery this weekend

that I had dinner with my sponsor and his sponsor Saturday night

that being on the Board of Directors of Lambda Center does not have any negative effects on my sobriety; instead, it's a great learning experience

that I received a new Serenity Prayer coffee cup, a new "Twenty Four Hours a Day" book, and a Bill W. Crying Towel over the weekend as presents

for the 65 people who participated in our little fundraising & gift exchange party

that when I pay attention, I know that I am the only person working my program of the 12 Steps and that we are all at different levels of life

to be reminded that I can't "phone in" my recovery nor will it b delivered to my front door; I must work for it

that my way is never the only way and it is often not the right way

that I'm on the committee to plan for our New Years Eve celebration next week at Lambda

When I was new, I didn't think I had any obsessions until I started thinking about it. Then it was all I could think about.

9 comments:

Daily Piglet said...

Love that last sentence about not thinking about it and then it became all I could think about. I never knew I had obsessive tendencies. I thought making sure I had my "fixes" with me at all times was normal.

Shannon said...

HI Daave!!! you are soo cool!
It sounds like you had a good weekend... can you believe its almost next year???? wow

Have a great day and tell you mom hi

Anonymous said...

Glad your mom is doing so much better. It's also wonderful that you're on the lambda board.

Trudging said...

Glad to hear about Mom

Mary Christine said...

What the heck is a Bill W. crying towel?

Shannon said...

yea I was wondering about that too... about the towel and Bill W crying on it... do explain ...

JJ said...

I am grateful for YOU.
I see you,
JJ

dAAve said...

re: Bil W Crying Towel

this is a cute little item that Intergroup sells here in Houston. I will post a picture of it this week, possibly on hAAlf nAAked thursdAAy.

Mary Christine said...

My imagination has just gone into overdrive!