Sunday, July 10, 2005

Another Lesson

I have no mechanical aptitude. Period.

Never have and never will. It doesn't seem to be something that one picks up on through life's journies. Fortunately, there are other things that I can do, so it all balances out.

I bought a new desk; the kind that has to be assembled. I considered paying the store to send someone out to assemble it, but decided I would give it a try now that I'm sober. HAHAHAHAHA

Took it home and laid it all out on the floor.



















The cats helped me read the directions.








I gave up and called Scott to please, please come do this for me.







I knew Scott could do it. He's got the patience and aptitude to handle these things.




It took him about 2 hours. And Scott even admitted it was a complicated assignment. But he got 'er done and had hardly any pieces left over.






And neither one of us, especially Scott, needed any alcohol to get this thing done.

Thanks Scott.

(and yes, I bought him dinner)

"We will intuitively know how to handle situations which used to baffle us." Yeah, right. I made a phone call.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Higher powered! This is truly the finest blog I have read of yours. Maybe it's because I know and am fond of Scott. But I think more it's your ability to tell a story with a few pictures and even fewer words. This is your true art form. Thanks for the memories. Queen Noor

GodlessMom said...

Hooray for Scott!

Scott W said...

You know, I forgot to say one thing, thanks for dinner!

One Drunk to Another said...

*GASP!*

You read the directions!?!

*faints*

Trudging said...

"I get by with a little help from my friends."