Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Vinyl Roofs


My first obsession (that I can remember) was cars. New cars, to be specific. When I was a kid in the 60's, I always wanted Dad to get a new car. He bought 3 new ones during the time I was in school. The last one, a 1968 Dodge Dart, had a vinyl roof.

In the 60's and 70's if your car didn't have a vinyl roof,
it didn't qualify for a status symbol.















The ultimate vinyl roof.

I guess those tops were a fad; I just don't see them anymore.

To read more about vinyl roofs, click here.

4 comments:

GodlessMom said...

Remember how the cheaper vinyl roofs would eventually split and crack? Our neighbors had one that they eventually had to tape back together with duct tape.

Scott W said...

My first car, a '68 lime gold Mustang had a fabulous black vinyl top. It was a great car, but would only peal out in reverse.

dAAve said...

GMom -- OK. Duct tape. What's your point?

LOL


Scott - going forward slowly and deliberately

Jim - they were the next best thing to a Beetle as far as reliability

Recovery Road London said...

You have a vinyl roof fetish...strange boy....lmao!