Friday, July 08, 2005

Legacy via Word Association

I think it's probably normal for all of us to associate certain people with certain events, episodes or incidents in our lives. Here's a little game of thought. If you like, cut and paste onto your blog and replace the keywords with your own. In this instance, I have used the names of past Presidents and listed the words or events I associate with them.

George Washington ....... father of our country, perseverance
Abraham Lincoln ....... assasination, Civil War, the end of slavery
Franklin D. Roosevelt ....... WWII, wheelchair
Harry Truman ....... the Bomb, down-home country boy
John F. Kennedy ....... youngest President, assasination
Lyndon B. Johnson ........ civil rights, Vietnam
Richard Nixon ........ China relations, Watergate, liar
Jimmy Carter ....... peanut farmer, good man, poor leader
Ronald Reagan ........ old, charismatic, orator
George Bush ....... Houstonian, Desert Storm, baseball fan
Bill Clinton ........ liar, good economy, trasher of Constitution
George W. Bush ....... misleader of the public, too far-right Christian, antigay

Looking at these, I am amazed that some of these guys were ever elected.

4 comments:

Pseudo-intellectual lunatic said...

don't forget ford: not a lincoln

Recovery Road London said...

It is truly frightening, isn't it?

p.s I can spell "horny". I weas just sparing the blushes of my more nervous and gentle readers...lmao....obviously not you, my Texan cowboy.

;-)

dAAve said...

Actually I DID forget Mr. Ford. My bad. He was such a non-president. I guess his biggest legacy was in pardoning Mr. Nixon.

I also left out about 31 other Presidents, so this list is not meant to be complete.

Scott W said...

Ah, Dave, always the works in progress, eh?