Thursday, July 21, 2005

YOU be the President

I hate fighting. I consider myself rather passive.

At the same time, I happen to pretty much agree that, as a country, we have to defend our freedoms. We've done so for 230 years. I hope we continue to do just that.

I hear and read so much negativism about the goings-on in Iraq. I accept that the reason that W gave us for going to Iraq was probably a lie, but I also believe that Iraq was a situation that had to be taken care of at some point. I think we let up on Afghanistan a bit early although we are still there and the fighting continues. Iran and North Korea pose probably greater threats that will have to be confronted in the future.

Here's my challenge to you --- if you'd been President on 9/11/01 --- what would YOU have done? What action(s) would YOU have taken? Would YOU have allowed terrorists to continue doing their thing unabated?

Would YOU have given Sadaam Hussein more freedom to develop WMD's while not allowing inspections / while cheating on sanctions and spending that illegally-gotten money on military buildup? / while committing mass murder not done by one human being since Adolf Hitler?

It's just that all I hear is negative instead of Americans getting behind their government and supporting it. Maybe that's the legacy of Vietnam. But this ain't no Vietnam. It's 100 times tougher because we don't always know who the enemy is. Or where he is. Or when and where he will attack.

What would YOU do?

1 comment:

Watson Woodworth said...

I'm not sure my Israel policy would have precipitated 9/11.
I would have found out why the military ALLOWED FOUR jet airliners to fly off course without fighter plane escourt, tightened up security, gone after the Taliban (I thought that would have been a just cause five years before then) but not used it as a cheap excuse to finnish old and UNRELATED business in Iraq.
As for the 9/11 attackers, no different than Timothy McVeigh, find them, try them, jail them.